The role of a Flight Operations Officer (Also known ad dispatcher) is both exciting and challenging. An FOO plays a vital role when it comes to aircraft safety, working hand in hand with the pilot from the ground to jointly ensure the safety of the flight. Key responsibilities of an FOO include study on en-route and destination weather, alternate airports, fuel requirements, aircraft performance factors, and air traffic flow prior to dispatch of each and every flight. The FOO holds responsibility for generating the flight plan, a mandatory document that required for an aircraft to fly from one destination to another. The dispatcher maintains a constant watch on all flights dispatched until they reach final destination.
Minimum of UACE or equivalent in other curriculum system
ICAO English language proficiency
Minimum age requirement 17years.
What The FOO Course Includes
- Air Law
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Flight Planning & Performance
- Human Performance & Limitations
- Operational Procedures
- Principles of Flight
- Flight planning and following
- Knowledge, skills and experience to confidently guarantee flight safety from the ground
- Work as a flight dispatcher for a commercial airline